It’s hard to believe that Applied Net 2017 is less than two weeks away. Last year I participated in my first Applied Net and experienced first-hand the power of this user community. I had the opportunity to meet several of you, hear what you love most about Applied Client Network and what you hope to see in the future. I’m excited to share with you some exciting updates and our vision for the future of the organization at the Applied Client Network Annual Meeting on Monday, Sept. 25, my keynote address on Tuesday, Sept. 26 and one-on-one with you at our booth in the Applied Net Exchange.
This year’s Applied Net is on track to be the largest yet – meaning even more Applied users for you to connect with and learn from. And, the Applied Net Exchange is sold out! These dedicated hours allow you to speak with solution partners to learn about integrated solutions for your agency/brokerage.
We’ve built several new programs into this year’s event to address some of your business challenges head-on. I wanted to spotlight just a few:
- Emerging Leaders Program – This is a unique opportunity to inventory your own behavioral and motivational preferences, and learn how to apply them in different situations. Successful time management tips and techniques will be introduced to help you manage stress and enhance emotional intelligence.
- Networking Roundtables – We introduced networking roundtables at last year’s event and we’re excited to offer this session again. The networking roundtables are a perfect way to jumpstart your week of learning by establishing new connections. Use this time on Monday afternoon to exchange business goals and challenges you face within your own agency/brokerage.
- Passport to Prizes – I noticed how much you love winning prizes at last year’s event and this year we’re launching a new Passport to Prizes game. This is a fun way to interact with exhibitors in the Applied Net Exchange. Bring new integrated solutions and possibly a raffle prize back to your agency/brokerage.
Whether this is your first time attending Applied Net or you’re an Applied Net alum, here are a few tips to make this an unforgettable experience.
- Bring plenty of business cards to start to build your network of fellow users and partners.
- Build your agenda. Decide now which of the 200+ panels or education sessions you want to attend and create a map so you don’t miss anything important. If others from your agency/brokerage are attending, discuss which sessions each of you will attend to maximize your learnings.
- Make a list of partners you want to target in advance of the Applied Net Exchange.
- This is the age of digital transformation - use the event mobile app, social media to connect with users, speakers and partners during Applied Net and after.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of products!
- Stay connected. Follow up with partners and users after your return home to leverage these contacts year-round.
If you’re looking for more tips, download the Applied Net first-time attendee orientation recording. I look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas soon!
Until next time,