Washington State Chapter Update
It’s been a while since we’ve gathered for a meeting and it’s time for a quick update! There has been some movement with your Chapter Officers – some to jobs which require more of their time and some to jobs outside the insurance industry. This means we have an EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION for Chapter Officers. I think it’s important to note that for the last several years our Chapter Officers have operated as a team and helped each other out when necessary.
Here is a brief description of the suggested roles and responsibilities of the Chapter Board:
I am willing and able to continue as President for another year – but would love a VP committed to stepping into the role in January 2023.
- Serve as the Chapter’s Chief Executive Officer
- Preside at all meetings
- Liaison between chapter and Applied Client Network
- Oversee and supervise chapter activities
- Execute contracts on behalf of the chapter (if applicable)
- Authorize all expenditures of chapter funds with approval of the chapter’s board
- Aid the President in carrying out his or her duties and responsibilities
- Learn responsibilities of President for future success
- Act as President in the event of the President’s absence or inability to serve
- Assist President in all official matters of the chapter
Because ACN handles most of the financial transactions, we have combined the Secretary/Treasurer position in the past.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notices, agendas, activity reports, minutes and related
- Record, prepare, distribute and maintain meeting minutes
- Maintain chapter’s records including notices, agendas, legal documents and activities
- Maintain an up-to-date list of paid members and expired/prospective members
ACN handles most of the financial transactions for us.
- Responsible for handling and reporting all financial transactions
- Prepare financial statements for the chapter’s board when needed
- Maintain all key documents and financial records related to your chapter
- Prepare a proposed budget
- Monitor income and expense activity relative to the approved chapter budget and make
We have also had “At-Large” Officers in the past. These Chapter Board members attended meetings and provided support where needed. It’s a great way to learn more about the Chapter and see where your talents/interest lie!
If you are interested in learning more about serving the WA State Chapter as an officer, please let me know. You can email me at ACrandall@acrisure.com to express interest, or with any questions. You are also always welcome to reach out to our Applied Client Network Leadership.
November 12, 2021 12pm-1pm Pacific Time – VIRTUAL State of the Chapter Meeting
January – TBA – VIRTUAL meeting featuring guest speaker Meg McKeen, Adjunct Advisors
Join the ACN Sparks Challenge!
It’s time to spark your creativity and enter into our ACN Sparks Challenge! ACN Sparks are short, micro-learning videos created by ACN members for members. Exclusively for Advantage members, these videos are members’ go-to for quick tips in a video tutorial format.
We are looking for members to submit a micro-learning video (10 minutes or less) demonstrating your favorite tip or technique that you think would benefit your fellow members the most! Some topics we are looking for include:
- Applied Epic and Applied TAM Reporting
- Applied Epic and Applied TAM Workflow
- Applied Epic for Salesforce
- Marketing Automation Tips
- Policy Works 101
- The EZLynx basics
- And more!
Video submissions are due Friday, October 29. Submissions should be educational in nature and not product demonstrations or sales pitches. The ACN Education Committee will review each submission and select the best video.
The first 25 video submissions will receive a free ACN Yeti (limit one per person). The winning video will receive free airfare (up to $500 value) to Applied Net 2022 in Nashville, Tennessee!
Join the challenge and submit your video today!